Powered By Blogger

Friday 15 June 2012

It's Not an Easy Road

For so long, I was trying to find my way through the fog of doubt. While I still believe that God is good, much of what I am experiencing seems to contradict my belief. I was questioning the value of virtue as I see another person's vice go unpunished yet there are those who are innocent that are being troubled much. Although I know that I ought to enjoy my walk with God, it appeared to be more like a duty than a delight. 

But as I read Psalm 112, the Lord somehow spoke through that scripture. It is said in Psalm 112:1 "Blessed is the man who fears the Lord, who finds great delight in His commands." It was like a declaration that the person who respects God and wants to please Him will enjoy His favor. Therefore to anyone who questions the value of walking with God, I would say: Denying selfish choices and pursuing God's commands may not be an easy road yet it's the only way to experience true and lasting joy. 

This doesn't guarantee a trouble free life but it does assure us that we can have peace even in the tough times. As it is said in vv. 6-8 "Such people will not be overcome by evil. Those who are righteous will be long remembered. They do not fear bad news; they confidently trust the Lord to care for them. They are confident and fearless and can face their foes triumphantly." So let us keep our fire and passion to serve the Lord burning in our hearts. We can always hold to that assurance of God's blessing even when our roads are rough.

Put into heart that the cost of obedience is nothing compared to the cost of disobedience. Just keep the faith. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment